close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greenlawn

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Anyone been catching anything at greenlawn? Its getting to be that time almost.

2. If your talkin about the white bass run at greenlawn that is still atleast a month off. Could probably catch some saugeye from under the dam now though

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I hear the crappie noodlin can be hot down there this time. You ever done that down there? A resident angler was telling us the techniques and way to do it. He's on his way to becoming a professional someday :)

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

saw 1 guy fishing down there 2 days ago.. not too many fishing there lately..

5. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Which side do you guys like to fish for saugeye?

6. At times greenlawn can be some of the best fishing in columbus. Even to this day I catch more big saugeye (3-6 lbs and one almost 8lbs) below the dam than anywhere else in columbus. I have been fishing down there since I was little kid. the only problem is the smell can get to you and turn a lot of people away. A big mistake. I'm not saying it's the cleanest water around, but definitely some of the best saugeye water around. I not sure but I've been told it's the first dam between here and the ohio. You just need to know where to fish below. BE AWARE OF THE UNDERCURRENT :mad: . IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE RIVER DON'T WADE IT UNTIL YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT :mad: . IT CAN BE DANGEROUS AT TIMES. A LOT OF PEOPLE AND KIDS DIE ALL THE TIME FROM THIS STRETCH OF THE SCIOTO :mad: . I have better luck at night, but I don't like to go down there by myself, unless I have 15 friends(hmmm). I still see a few crazies down there from time to time.
    Good luck and be careful
    Bryan

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Im familiar, its smart to carry a legal weapon to defend yourself....Which side do you get more saugeyes on? Or do you wade.

8. Hey Guys, where is Greenlawn located? I'm in Athens, but looking for some spots to hit for saugeye during spring break in a few weeks. Just wondered where it was and if it would be worth the drive?

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

downtown columbus (more like german village)

10. It's gonna be warm and time for some HAWGS not the teeth critters :D

11. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

soooo..you guys are sayin that it would not be wise to pull an all nighter down there alone?? :rolleyes:
    i wonder how far that path leads down along the river?? may have to ride that trail soon.. :rolleyes:

12. From Athens: 33 north to left 104 west. Turn right onto 71 north to the Greenlawn Avenue Exit. Hang a right. Dam will be on the left (north side), parking on west side beside Fire Training Academy. Not the most picturesque, but a very good spot for saugeye. Be warned, however, that there is a considerable undertow below the lowhead dam. Try casting from the west concrete face first before you venture into the water if at all.

13. Snatch,
    Yea I know but if we keep getting snow storms I might have to go after the toothy critters at little longer!

14. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

some years ago a guy was fishing for crappie below that dam and caught a Muskie. I'll bet that was a rush!

15. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I feel greenlawn is worthless when the air is cold. But when it starts to warm up a little it seems to get the saugeye goin a bit.