Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to fish Greenlawn after work for some fish catching action. I started out throwing a ¼ once in-line spinner. I caught a aggusive but puny smallmouth and a largemouth that went between 1 to 2 lbs. Switched over to a swimbait and nail a small saugeye. The longnose gar are in greenlawn thick, so much so that I was afraid to use my crankbaits for fear of losing them.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Have heard several folkes talking about Greenlawn dam, is this the area right behind the fire house accross from Berliner Park?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yeah thats the spot. Be careful down there. I only fish down there early in the morning. Many cars have been broken into down there. Once you get over the hill you can't see your vehicle and they know that. You can get to it from Whittier boat ramp too if you want to fish the East side of the river. I personally wouldn't fish down there at night. Sometimes the white bass are in there thick though and I have had good days down there.

Jake

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yeah, the area is a bit rough, my office is on Frank Rd so I know the neighborhood, may try a lunchtime trip in the next couple days. Have been down here for last 3 years but never made the trek.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts