close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greenlawn 6/2

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Arrived at about 330 I believe with my brother, saugeyeslayer. He concentrated on the endless supply of drum and channel cats while I tried for some eyes. I got one that was 19" and 1.5 lbs. Casey aka saug-slayer landed a plethora of drum/channel cats. Since the fishing was so hot I called my father so he could come enjoy a good bite. His first fish after about 5 minutes was a 21" female eye that weighed in at 3.3lbs. He also caught a few drum and channels. Overall a good day! I'll post pics.

2. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Here they are.

[​IMG]

Dads nice fish.

[​IMG]

My fish.

[​IMG]

My slightly dee dee dee twin and his huge whitebass.

3. Nice subtle Carlos Mencia reference... :D

4. Mushi, do you wade out to the island below the dam or do you just hit it from shore. Been seeing alot of people fishing from the island toward the dam and downstream side of it when I have been driving by. Good to see ya got into a mess of fish. Anymore, I dont care what I am catching as long as I am catching fish.

Jake

5. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Jake,

Yes we are fishing from the island I guess. We put all our stuff on the island that is, and wade toward the dam to cast...I totally agree on the catching part. I just love the pool below that dam due to its diversity.

6. Do you walk in from the Whittier ramp side or do you park over where the road is and the bike path? It looks like its deep on the side most people fish over by the bike path and I know you can get back to the dam by parking at Whittier ramp. Just wondering because I have always wanted to get out on that island and fish but never have. I am always worried about falling in a 5' deep hole or something on the wade across.

Stopped by there on my way home from work and it looks like the water was up about 1.5'-2'. There was about 6 people fishing down there. Saw a lady walk up with a stringer that had a few white bass, few saugeye, and a nice 8-10 lb musky on it. Said she caught them all along the wall throwing twister tails. The musky was pretty nice and I was quite surprised she caught it on her small outfit, kudos to her.

Jake

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Wow I should have gone there today! I thought it would have been too high....I would have bought that muskie from her and let it go if i went too:( .

8. That musky had been dead for a while. She had it strung up through the gills. I am sure it didn't last but a few minutes on the stringer. The flow was actually pretty good yesterday and the water didn't seem to be that stained. I don't know what the rain last night did to it but it was definately fishable yesterday. Might try to head down tomorrow if we don't get rain today. Haven't looked at the forcast so I have no clue.

Jake