Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to fish Greenbo for bass and crappie, but I'm curious how the action is for both species? I'm also looking for any tips or suggestions on where to locate the fish.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't heard any reports coming from Greenbo yet. Here is what the kentucky Fish and Wildlife general report says...

GREENBO LAKE 181 acres (Greenup County - Greenbo State Park)

Attempts are being made to establish aquatic vegetation in the lake.

Bluegill
Fair
Gradually improving population. Larger fish (up to 10 inches) are caught early to late spring in deep-water structure. Try fishing near beaver lodges. 15 fish daily creel limit on sunfish (any combination of bluegill, redear and other sunfish species).

Channel catfish
Good
Stocked annually. Many fish observed 15 - 20 inches long during fall sampling.

Largemouth bass
Good
Excellent bass population but very difficult lake to fish. Good numbers of fish over 15-inches. Potential for trophy size fish.

Rainbow trout
Excellent
Annually stocked population with some carry-over. Best fishing in the open lake area near the dam. Best fishing in spring or at night under lights during early summer months.

Redear sunfish
Fair
Numbers low; however a few 8 to 13-inch fish can be found. 15 fish daily creel limit on sunfish (any combination of bluegill, redear and other sunfish species).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts