Greenbo Lake, Ky--Anyone been there?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by PontoonPappy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. PontoonPappy

PontoonPappy retired, relaxin'

Hi,

Looking for a spot to fish for crappie in early April, before the ol' pontoon boat goes in the water on my home lake.

Has anyone been to Greenbo Lake state park, near Ashland Ky? Their lake is basically just a pond, 225 acres, but apparently has good fishing for Largemouth and Crappie. Looks like a good spot to fish from a canoe.

If anyone wants to share their fishing experiences at any other Kentucky state park, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.
    PPappy

2. Fished there several times...never for crappie though. 225 acres is smaller than most lakes, but Greenbo is long and narrow w/ different branches----can make for a very long canoe ride. IMO Yatesville is the best bass lake in NE KY. Never fished for crappie in any KY lakes though.

3. PontoonPappy

ohiou 98,
    Thanks for the good information.

PPappy

4. greenbo lake has alot of trout stockings it is a deep clear lake with some big largemouths I've never fished for crappie there if you want to crappie fish go to cave run

5. striperswiper

striperswiper Catfisherman for life;)

Went down to greenbo a few days ago the trout and crappie r biting but trout r biting kinda slow lol if u go down behind the lodge there will b a path follow it down to the water you will see a pine tree fell over in the water we ish off that tree and caught probly 15 crappie and maybe 4 trout the trout were pretty small so were the crappie all about 1LB and probly 10-12" the trout bout the same but did catch 1 big trout he was probly 50' past the tree under the powerline he weighed 'bout 4 1/2 L.BS and was 14" they r biting on yellow power bait and the crappie minnows under a slip bobber maybe 3' deep right off the tree well hope i was of some help Oh btw not quite for sure how to get to it from boat lol :B

6. PontoonPappy

Thanks striperswiper. Just read your response. Appreciate the detailed fishing info. When we make it down to Greenbo, we'll try this spot for sure.
    Thanks again.