Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious what you guys think this is? Sorry for the small pics but whenever I post pics on this site from my iPhone they always come out small for some reason. The pics don't show it well but the steaks on it's cheeks are bright blue.....which if I remember right warmouths have redish streaks?

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LMAO!.....loved your answer...but I kind of figured I'd get a little more input!...perhaps I should of titled the thread..." Is this a bass?".....bet that would of gotten a little more responses.lol I also thought it was a warmouth but when I googles it, I read that green sun fish have the blue or green streaks on the cheeks and warmouths have red or reddish brown streaks. I was also so wondering if it could be a green/warmouth hybrid....since it's got the green sunfish's blue streaks, but also has the warmouth's yellow belly?

·
Registered
531 Posts
LOL....certainly didn't want to stir up some crap......just wanted more than one opinion. I also thought it was a warmouth but wasn't sure. This pic was posted on a predator site(world wide membership) that I belong to that was caught by one of the members from NY and the guys on there thought it was a bass/bluegill hybrid...a green sunfish or a rock bass. Most of them never heard of a warmouth before I posted that I thought it was one......thoughs whacky yote/predator hunters.lol Thanks guys!!!.... I knew my fellow Ohio fisherman would know the correct answer.

·
Registered
264 Posts
LMAO!.....loved your answer...but I kind of figured I'd get a little more input!...perhaps I should of titled the thread..." Is this a bass?".....bet that would of gotten a little more responses.lol I also thought it was a warmouth but when I googles it, I read that green sun fish have the blue or green streaks on the cheeks and warmouths have red or reddish brown streaks. I was also so wondering if it could be a green/warmouth hybrid....since it's got the green sunfish's blue streaks, but also has the warmouth's yellow belly?
I hope that wasn't a reference to my "is this a normal color for a bass" thread, yes I have learned the difference between a crappie and a bass now!:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic, but if there was a decent amount of blue on the fish I wouldn't be surprised if it is warmouth/green sunfish hybrid. Also that orange on the pelvic fin. Sunfish species do hybridize quite a bit so it's not out of the question. Just looking at the pic though I'd say warmouth. It would be easier to tell if the pic was bigger. And green sunfish can and do have yellow bellies.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That is a MOLE

Sorry I could resist :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts