Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
After Eyes
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my pops john plickert captain of the after eyes lost his battle to throat cancer this saturday he has been fishin lake erie since back in 1979 on his own boats we had one heck of a summer last year pullin in many eyes even made a trip out with his good friend workdog hopefully i will be back out soon i know pops is with all of us out there reelin in a hawg

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
my condolences to you and yours.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Enjoy the time you had and enjoy the memories. I lost my father in 1989 and it seems like he should walk through the door anytime. We know they are up there watching over us.
My prayers for you and your family.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
I loved fishin' with my dad. I miss that a lot! I fish with my son now, and I love that too! Sorry to hear of your loss. It's tough dealing with a loss of a close family member. Best wishes, and cherish your memories.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Sorry topstroke for your loss. Losing a father is extremley diffuclt. I know when i lost mine is was like is this what hells like but after a while you relize that hes up there watchin over ya and you manage to move foward. take care of your self it will only get better. Dolphin

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Patrick- once again, sorry for your loss pal.

Like i said earlier, if there is anything you need dont hesitate to call. Your friends are always here and are more than willing to help. Fair winds and tight lines the rest of the year, im sure your father will be watching over the after eyes and steering you in the right direction. Just let the daddy Thompson follow you ;)

·
captainhook
1,037 Posts
July 15th will be 11 yrs. since cancer took my Dad. It is rough and it will get better, but there are always things that will remind you of him. May God give you and your family strength.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
my pops john plickert captain of the after eyes lost his battle to throat cancer this saturday he has been fishin lake erie since back in 1979 on his own boats we had one heck of a summer last year pullin in many eyes even made a trip out with his good friend workdog hopefully i will be back out soon i know pops is with all of us out there reelin in a hawg
Patrick,
Sorry again for the loss of your dad. We had some great times together with your dad and mine. That trip last year was a blast too. We got a wet azz, but we sure pulled in the Walleyes hand over fist. As you know, my dad passed on on the 5th of July 16 years ago, just hours after his last trip on the big lake. Wish we could have gotten your dad out one more time this year. Years pass, but all those great memories, they stick with you. Prayers to your dad and you and the family. Like we talked about, anything you need...

Jeff

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
My condolences to you and yours. Something tells me, he will always be with you out on that big lake... Sorry for your loss.

·
FISHAHOLIC
1,233 Posts
I couldnt even imagine losing my pops...My best friend my favorite fishing partner...that is something tough but I know I will have to face it one day man. sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you and your fam

1 - 20 of 42 Posts