close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great Outdoors 36" Propane Smoker info?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tpet96, Dec 25, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Shawn, I have that same model. It works really nice. I got mine at Meijers
    in Oct. on sale for $119.95 Assembly was easy. One modification I made was to drill some holes in the bottom of the castiron chip holder. You'll see why once you use it. LakeRaider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Raider....thanks for the review. I was noticing that most of the reveiws I read said they were having problems with the chip holder. One guy even removed the one that was there, and replaced it with a small cast iron dutch oven, drilled holes in the top......and can hold enough chips now to smoke for 4 hrs instead of 45 min. Do you have any problems with the Thermometer that is included with it?

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

The clip that holds the thermometer in place was missing. I just used high temp silicon to hold it in place. The problem with the chip holder is it takes quite a while and lots of heat to get the chips smoking. I drilled about 12, 1/8" holes in the bottom and it did the trick. Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. marcbodi

marcbodi junior member

Hi,
    I have the smoker and I love it.The only problem is I wish I had gotten the Bigger one.I don't use the cast iron chip pan.I use a quart sauce pan and soak my chips and it lasts about 4 hrs.