close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great Outdoor Show in Nelsonville?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by angler47, Oct 6, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if anyone has been to the show this weekend. I haven't gone in a couple years and was thinking about going tomorrow. I saw that Gander Mtn. was going to be there and that there was going to be a fishing derby for kids. I thought it might be worth checking out to see what else was there. If anyone could let me know what they thought of it, I'd appreciate it.

2. I went yesterday for a while. Gander Mountain just had two guys sitting behind a table at a tent with a few fly rods. The fishing pond for the kids is one of the old aquaculture ponds on campus. Its really shallow and muddy, but in 5min of watching yesterday I saw a kid catch 2 channel cat both around 3lbs. I had one of the best bbq pork sandwiches ever and ejoyed watching the Cabelas dock dogs competition.

3. Thanks for the info. Kind of what I expected to hear. I'll probaly still check it out. I'll have to give that barbecue pork a try.