close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great night on the GMR

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by gmrkatman, May 27, 2004.

1. I fished the Gmr for the last two nights and have had the best numbers so far this year. The first night I just fished in Middletown and caught 9 channels in an hour and a half. All but 2 dinks were over 5#. Last night I fished farther down river and hit the jackpot. I caught one blue (yes, I counted the rays to be sure) 6 channels the biggest being 9# and one flattie (very small). All were caught on cut bluegill. I am going to try again tonight the way this has been going. Goodbye skunk!

2. Sounds like great time.

3. We need to get together soon and hit the river. I have been doing a lot of scouting for new areas and have found a few winners.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

sounds like a very good trip, congrats on the nice fish!

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Congrats on catching fish in this weather, ya must know what you're doing :D

6. I figured the river would not even be fishable from the looks of it in Middletown but ended up farther south to my new honey hole and was pleasently surprised. I found a flooded area with a huge eddy and had a ball with the channels again. Largest was 6.5#. I was surprised that it did not take much lead to hold, was using cut gills again.

7. catking

catking Banned

Very Nice "Little Big Man " :D Thanks for reporting in........ CATKING :)