close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great News For Sw Catters!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by dip, May 3, 2005.

1. dip

dip dip

heard that CATFISH PARADISE 2 is opening north of cincy! maybe mellon can catch a fish there? ;) :S

2. what is catfish paradise 2????

3. catking

catking Banned

If Mellonhead plays his hand right, he could POSSIBLY get a cat there...........DA KING !!!

4. Ya know I don't even know Mellon,but I don't even think that is possible at a paylake :D

5. dip

dip dip

mellon head and jakkal ventured to the original catfisherman's paradise in belpre and got SKUNKED every time! :S :S :S

6. I knew it :S :S LOL

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Gee I wonder how many and where they got the fish for this lake??

8. rockbass,

It is my understanding that "Catfish Paradise" harvests its fish by using giant hoop nets in southern rivers. Then, they pack 'em in a little lake with limited food supply. And if these 50-100 lb fish die (a fish, I remind you, that probably took well over thirty years to grow)- oh well, they are thrown in the woods or dumpster and promptly replaced with more fish doomed to die.

Not very sporting if you ask me, and it's not great news that "Catfish Paradise 2" is being built, at least not for me. I'm not knocking anyone's fishing habits, but these practices hurt us in the end.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I will sware in front of you all that I have NEVER went to Catfish Paradise. I PROMISE. I am used to getting skunked so its no big deal. Now Jack on the other hand has a Super Saver Card from there!

10. catking

catking Banned

Jack has a super saver card............. THAT IS FUNNY......... :D

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Dippity doo da strikes again !! ;)

12. I am not going jump into the right/wrong thing but i can tell you that the whole limited food supply is not true. I have seined a paylake for school and there were millions of shad, gills, bass, and small carp/goldfish. Those fish would have no problem finding food.

13. Then why is there so many huge catfish bodies dumped in the woods there?
    Paylakes steal from our natural resources so someone can profit... If that don't stink then what does???

14. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Not very sporting at all.......A paylake that only stock with farm raised fish is fine, but one that take thousands of pounds from the public waters from profit is just poaching/wrong........would be like capturing deer from the wild and putting them in an enclosed ranch and charge people to hunt for them

15. My 2 cents. Paylakes are like shooting fish in a barrel so to speak. You have this little body of water ( which should be called a paypond not lake) with a bunch of fish. They are hungry you throw your bait out and bam you hook up a fish. There is no scouting your spot, there's no identifying cover or depth. There is no "fishing" in the whole paylake experience. It sucks! For people who fish those paylakes well they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves fisherman.

16. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Good point bauman!

Kind of stupid calling yourself a fisherman and fishing a pond with big fish overstocked in it. Fish dying off and just taking more fish out of the local rivers and lakes to restock them. Idiots. I guess no need for me to talk about how dumb that is. Everyone already knows that.

I am not totally against paylakes however. AS LONG AS they are done right. do not take from public waterways. A paylake in my mind is a pond where you can pay a couple bucks and fish for fun. Not a tournament for the largest fish that has been illegally put in the water in the first place. Somewhere for Handicapped folks to have fun. Something with good access to those in wheelchairs.

My mission is to some day have some property that I could do this with. I have always wanted a pond of my own. I would love to be able to have one that I could share with others........Mark my word! I will someday have one! Stocked the right way though!

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Gee Dip..... Who'd have thought this would end up as a Paylake discussion. :D

Anyways I went last year. I took my son to Rainbow lakes. It was at night, he really wanted to go & Mrs Mellon & were at each other. We piled a bunch of wood into the jeep, got ehre put our poles out, got :S of coarse, but had a good time next to the fire. They do have a place, in my opinon it's not really a Sport Fishing thing though. All of us River Catfishermen know most palces we go are not meant for kids, plus most of my spots are dangerous to be at during nightime anyways. It's almost worth the $ just to get a laugh, man you shoudl see some of the sights & fights. I sware there seems to me a shouting match/fight every time I've ever been. Would a pay lake be my personal choice of a fishery? Heck no.

A funny story: Flathunter & I were @ Logan a while back. We ran into a couple guys, they were cat guys. They talked about trying to catch some bulheads for a "Catfishing Trip On The Ohio River" that night. That got me excited, thinking two real true cat guys, we could talk to them for a while. After a few seconds they said, "yea, the name of the place is catfisherman's paradise" Gee....... somepeople dont see any difference in paylakes vs. reg natural fisheries, thats what bothers me.