great morning at griggs 9/25

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ajangsta04, Sep 25, 2007.

1. so i couldn't fall asleep so i headed out to griggs at 5am. went til about 9:30am.

i started where the docks were on the top part of the dam then went towards the bridge....went the other way towards the private boat docks then a couple areas below the damn

i caught about 2 dozen crappie, about 20 smb, about 10-13 bluegills and about 7 fish that looked like a mix between a bass and a bluegill...im not sure what to call it right now.

used the rapala f7 and reeled it as slow as possible and they all were hitting pretty quickly. then switched over to a small popper green and orange color and those brought in the crappie.

i do realize that i should get a boat if want to catch some bigger fish lol.

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

nah, just gotta know where/when, to go ;)

sounds like a nice morning!

3. JamesT

JamesT Banned

64 fish in 4 hours of fishing sounds like a great morning! Doesnt sound like you need a boat. Keep up the good fishing and tight lines.

4. That fish that looked like a bass and a gill were probably rockbass, Congratulations on a good morning.

5. I fished there last Sunday morning for about 2.5 hours and had six nice smallies and about a dozen gills. No rock bass though. It is a high pressure area but I have found that people are pretty good about respecting each others fishing areas.