close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great Miammi River

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TomC, Sep 7, 2007.

1. I'm planing on Fishing the GMR on 10/18 and 10/19 up around the Troy Tipp City area. Im going for whatever hits, if anyones interested let me know.

2. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

TomC - Bring whatever you use for smallmouth and you should do OK. Also, you might get into a fair amount of saugeye this time of year. Good luck.

3. godukies

godukies godukies

TomC - Fishing in that stretch is not what is used to be. I have hit it pretty hard from Troy to Vandalia in the past month, and nice size smallies are few and far between. Even the number of small fish is down. For now, I am going to stick to the Stillwater and try the GMR north of Troy. I have not fished north of Troy before so I am going to need to do some scouting unless someone can offer some suggestions.

4. I agree with godukies and scoonner,the time of year you are planning on being in the area the GMR in Troy , north of the cover bridge by the ball diamonds you will do the best fishing for saugeye and is not as good of a smallie spot as it used to be and if you have a small boat and want to smallmouth fish the GMR, head south of Vandalia to Needmore ave. east --Cargill will be on the north side and the Polish club will be on the south side of the river , you can park and put in a small boat under the left side of the bridge if you use the waistwater treatment plant driveway and is great for smallies.Also the stillwater smallmouth fishing has realy gotten better since theye inposed the size restrictions , my favorite spot befor I moved north was Horseshoebend Rd. , just north of my home town West milton , up stream and this water has to be fished from the bank or youll have to wade.
    hope this helps