close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great Miami flood '05

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ChrisB, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Just heard on the radio the G.M.R. is going to have its highest waters in 50 years. They said to avoid East Miami River Road and a few in Harrison. Hopefully this rain will subdue for a while and no one gets hurt or property damaged. On the bright side floods do magical things for fishing in the the years that follow. Be safe out there guys.

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Ya just seen it on t.v. looks like its already flooded out some houses and cars.

3. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

So Doc, I assume that is (was) Taylorsville, right?

5. Definitely the highest I have ever seen it. The Middletown/Trenton area is absolutely nuts!!!! Route 73 was shut down for a while Wedsnesday night. It's one of those wonders from God that is amazing. Let's just pray for minimal loss.

6. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Could you elaborate on that?

7. I've read a few articles from catfish insider about the floods on the Missisipi River back the 90's and how people said it did wonders for the Blue cat population. Also when the Great flooded in '96? in the winter the following spring and fall I caught my biggest flatheads to date. Don't think it creates fish but they will migrate upriver to places you usualy won't catch them.

8. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

H2O,
    Yes Taylorsville............Doc