close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great Ice Hockey, Great Cause!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grumpy, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

2. catking

catking Banned

I wonder if this is still a go with the NHL being locked out? Most players are over seas.......... CATKING

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

No Need To Think About It! This Is A Go!

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

to anyone wanting to go to this, it's just another example of why hockey is such a great sport. I truely wish i could attend.

5. hockey is a great start and this is a great cause but why do people always ogtta fight about money? they make quite a bit more then the average joe so suck it up and play. it's not like they actually gotta "work" for money. (job work) I was a season ticket holder for the Chill every year that they were here just can't get into watching the NHL much any more for some reason :confused:

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

It's about money just like in every other sport. basketball has players that won't play for 10 million, baseball has had strikes and lockouts, football...nothing needs said there! I think it's the whole mentality that comes with the bussiness or maybe it's the principaltities? Many players are still playing for next to nothing in europe,just for the love of the game.

7. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

what you guys fail to understand is hockey players have the toughest sport of the "main" sports out there and are the lowest paid out of them. Now I completly agree that all sports players get paid too much, there's no doubt. But hockey players are not whinny babies like baseball and some football players are, hockey players play throught the injuries because of how much they love their sport. They are more fan friendly than any of the other major sports. Even though all sports players are grossly overpaid, the hockey players have a right to be mad here, when all the other players in other sports are getting paid so much more and the hockey players work so much harder, its not right. You slack off in hockey on the ice and you are going to get badly hurt, slack off in football you might allow a touchdown and slack off in baseball you may only get a single when it should have been a double, but hockey, slack off and someones going to put your face into the glass and you are getting stitches. And walk up to a hockey player and ask for an autograph and see if they tell you no. They won't, then go up to MOST baseball or football players and see if they say no. And i think the hockey players are so much more friendly because alot of them are from poor countries and are happy to be here playing. And it someone don't think what a hockey player does is work..........how many time have you gone to work and come home with a black eye or missing teeth and stitches, these guys work hard for their money and donate a ton of their time to kids and other charities........way more than any multi-million dollar baseball player ever has. They may not run a machine like me, or pick up a hammer or something like that, but they bust their butts for their money and for most of them, they dont get to see their families at all for months because they live in another country.

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

trust me I know, I've been playing for 11years now. it's the most fun, I think, but also the most challenging.

9. catking

catking Banned

Good points fellows, but back to the main topic. This is an EXCELLENT event as I just found out some more details on this event. I hope all members of this site check into going to this. It's for the kids ;) . Thanks Grumpy for pointing the way. I am putting this on my calendar and I plan on attending.... CATKING

10. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

go to cincinnatimightyducks.com they do things for charity throughout the year and updates and info will be on their site as it becomes available. They do great things.