Great Day on the Lake, thanks to members here!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 82bassman, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Took my 11 year old son out for a day on the Lake. It was the best day he has had since May, and my best day watching him smile non stop for about 4 hours. A big Thank You to members here for the info on where to find some fish. The morning started slow, about 15 to 20 fish in the first 2 hours (almost all were mine) but then we moved to a second location and that was all it took. He then outfished me 3 to 1 as we caught more White Bass then we ever have. For about an hour every cast he made was good for a fish. Most were about 5 to 9 inches but on light tackle with the drag adjusted he thought they were whales. As the day went on the bigger Bass moved up to feed and we got into some nice 2 pounders. I had hoped he would catch some 'eyes but we were only able to find 2 cruising the shallows not wanting anything he threw at them. We also saw our first Muskie, about 30 to 40 inches long cruising in about 8 feet of water around some fresh laydowns. She would come up to the surface then drop down then come back up. We were able to move over to within about 8 feet of her before she spooked. Thanks again to those that made this day possible.