close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great Day :] Fishing Salem Reservoir

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mbass8dor, Sep 5, 2004.

1. HELLO ALL!
    WHAT A DAY, ONLY 6 BASS BUT CAUGHT MY BIGGEST BASS YET A BEAUTIFUL 22.5" 6# 8 oz. TO SAY I WAS PUMPED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!
    AFTER MEASURING AND WEIGHING THAT BASS, AND GETTING PICTURES OF IT BEING RELEASED. MAN I WISH I HAD AN DIGITAL CAMERA, CAN YOU GET THOSE PICTURES DIGITALISED?

OK LETS GET TO THE CONDITIONS: WATER IS HIGH, AND MUDDY.
    WINDY, SUNNY 80's.
    FISHING WAS SLOW DUE TO THE BLUEBIRD SKY, I ARRIVED AT 12:05pm - 8:05 pm.
    BASS WERE ALL CAUGHT ON SPINNERBAITS, SLOW ROLLED NEAR GRASS AND THE CHANNEL.

GOOD FISHING
    TOM :D

2. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Nice Fish Tom, I'm sure you were pumped!
    I have caught my biggest bass this year too, and know how good it feels!
    Rob

3. ROB
    YEA IT WAS REALLY UNEXPECTED, I KNEW I WOULD CATCH BASS BUT TO HAVE A 6# 8oz. BASS HIT ON A DAY LIKE TODAY ON THE FIRST CAST. REALLY MADE MY DAY, AND TO KNOW THAT BASS IS STILL ALIVE IN THERE, S AN ADDED BONUS. HOW BIG WAS YOUR FISH? AND THANK YOU!

TOM

4. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Tom,
    This year I have caught more bass than ever...but I have been doing a lot more pond fishing. I fish 2 private ponds around Marion that have some hawgs in them. 1 of the ponds sees no pressure except me. I caught a huge bass this spring, didnt have a scale, and it was easily 20-22". My buddie guessed it at 7lb, and I didnt argue. I have also caught 2 bass, both around 6.2 pounds this year, one was 20" and one was 22". They were fatter than footballs, and a load of fun to bring in. One fish snapped a medium (8-17 lb) Galyans HM40 rod, the other fish snapped a Cabelas medium action (4-8lb) rod as I was bringing them in. Caught one on a spinner, one on a live bluegill/bobber.
    Totally off subject, but Galyans exchanged my rod, no problem. I have still been complaining to Cabelas to try and get my rod exchanged!

5. Rob
    Great Job! Sounds Like Those Ponds Are Well Managed.
    I Hear That About Broken Rods, I Thought That Bass Was Going To Break My Rod. But Those Quantums Are Tough, I've Broken 3 Berkley Rods. Before Changing, Over To My Quantums Or Ugly Sticks. Back To The Ponds, Do You Have Feeders Or Is It A Pond That Just Has A Lot Of Bait And Cover In It?

Tom

6. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

No feeders...but a heckuva lot of bluegill
    Neither are ver big, I can almost cast across both (almost).

1 is a bit deeper, has 15+ lb cats and some crappie. The bass are really finicky. Some days you may not catch a bass, but when you hook one, it is usually a battle. Sees light pressure.

The other is a smaller pond, and the average depth in it is 3', with a couple deeper holes. Pretty easy to fish since the spinner is always in the strike zone. I usually catch 10-20 bass on a good day here, averaging 14 or so inches. Did catch a hawg out of here too.

If you ever make it down here (Marion), let me know, we can throw in these ponds. I have Mon-Tue off weekly.
    Rob

7. Tom Great job on the personal best!! That's a great bass. If you have normal pictures of the bass there are ways to get it in digital format. I think you can send the negatives in to get them converted, ask Walmart, they can do it I believe. Also you could scan the pictures! Can't wait to see it.

8. Hi Bill
    Thank You, It's One Of Those One Time Use Cameras. I Hope The Person Taking The Picture Got Good Photos. I Will Take It To Walmart Or Wherever To Get Those Pictures Digitalized So I Can Show Them To All Of You.

Good Fishing

Tom