Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the boat in the water at about 11:15 got to the dam withing first hour caught 10 channel cats between me and my buddy 1 white bass after that fishing started to slow rest of the day caught probably 15 channel cats 1 huge 12 pound hybrid. fished chicken livers right up against the dam most cats were 2-3 pounds had a couple of 7 and 8 pounders. All in all a great day on the water.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I was supposed to head down that way with a buddy of mine this weekend but got caught up with other things:( the only other time I was down there we did great.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Good job. 12 lbs That's a dandy hybrid. You did a lot better than others I've talked to. Me and another guy fished Devola Sunday by boat also. Guess we just didn't know what we were doing. We got 1 med. hybrid, 1 drum, and snagged a few suckers. We tried fishing for cats right up against the dam and couldn't keep 6 ounces of lead in the white water even in the slowest water we could find. So we left with our tails between our legs. Maybe I'll give it another chance on a better day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You know what, Me and a boy were fishing right up next to the Damn Sunday too. We caught about 15 cats and a BIG Hybrid. All on chick liver. We started fishing around 11:30. We were in a 16 FT boat with Johnson 60 HP motor.

What kind of boat were you in youngunner?????

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good job. 12 lbs That's a dandy hybrid. You did a lot better than others I've talked to. Me and another guy fished Devola Sunday by boat also. Guess we just didn't know what we were doing. We got 1 med. hybrid, 1 drum, and snagged a few suckers. We tried fishing for cats right up against the dam and couldn't keep 6 ounces of lead in the white water even in the slowest water we could find. So we left with our tails between our legs. Maybe I'll give it another chance on a better day.
We were using 1/4 oz. slit-spot with 1/0 hooks. You don't need a lot of weight. The reason you get close to the Dam is so you can get your bait in the undertow. The undertow sucks your bait back up to the Dam. Thats were the cats are feeding.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
youngunner,

Give me a call this weekend. Maybe we can catch more cats next Tuesday?!

I will give you a call sunday probably

1 - 9 of 9 Posts