Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making the trip to grayson lake this weekend. Never fished it before or any other lakes in KY. Anyone have any info on the lake or what not? Lure choice, lake areas, etc.. Anything would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
grew up by grayson but that was a long time ago, if i remember correctly it was a pretty good lake for spots, very clear. we usually fished the spillway, had trout, bass, and some very nice crappie. i remember seeing some big bass in the lake and not being able to get them to bite
please report how you did im curious i havnt heared that lake mentioned in years

·
Registered
158 Posts
i fish grayson, i don't know what your wanting to catch from your post but for bass a tough bait to beat is a c.c. shad in the shad color, and for crappie you can catch them aywhere you see brush in the water.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up catching 4 decent sized largmouth and 2 smallmouth bass, biggest was a little under 3 lbs. The bite was slow early, but got a little better later in the day. Caught most of them on the ripraf along the dam using small cranks and rebelcraws. All in all a decent outing and a very beautiful lake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts