close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gravity Fed Livewell Leak Question

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by mbass8dor, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Hi
    Anyone Have A Gravity Fed Livewell? Well I Was Wondering, When I Put Water In So There Is Enough Water To Keep The Fish Happy It Leaks From The Bottom And I Was Thinking About Using J.b. Weld On The Inside Seam. Will That Mess Up The Gravity Feed So It Stops.
    My Boat Is A 14' Crestliner.
    Thanks Tom

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

That shouldn't make a difference. If your sealing a leak at the bottom that won't effect the level. Another idea is to let it fill as far as possible and then plug that hole and add a little more with a bucket. If it's hot out just pull the plug and replace with fresh water or add ice or stay alive to your live well. either will work.

3. Thanks Dale
    I Thought It Wouldn't But I Wanted To Check First. I Don't See A Hole Anywhere But It May Be A Seam Or A Rivot. It's Not A Lot Of Water But I Prefer None In The Boat.thanks Again.
    Tom

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I have 2 on my boat no leaks but boat is fiberglass and they are moulded in. I am going to spend about $100 and plum them with a transom mounted areator and recirculate the water and put in a drain overflow so i can keep fish alive and well. and a constant water level.