Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A catfish in human form
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a place I could catch these little pike.I posted here because I don't want to travel to far to find these fish.If they can't be found around here than I guess I just won't get any.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
871 Posts
one of my professors is doing a fish survey in metroparks and he said that he gets them pretty consistantly in swan creek. i have no idea about the size though. he surveys with a seine net so i would imagine they are small. the adults probablly can swim away faster than they can catch them. let me know because i was actually looking for a place for them too, i just haven't had time to go out and try. anything is possible, i caught a northern in the ottawa river last summer and i actually hooked a steelhead in the ottawa last week at the golf course. i was fishing for crappie or bass or whatever in the little pond to kill time and had a 1/16 jig. i walked to the creek to see if the white bass were in there yet and see a steelie, he took the jig but as i was about to land him the hook broke on the jig. would have been my first steelie. man was i mad,

·
A catfish in human form
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mojo, they don't get very big about a foot long.I'm looking for them because I want one for my fish tank.I think it would me pretty cool to be able to observe on for awhile.

·
Registered
871 Posts
yeah i know, i want one too. i put the northen in my tank but its getting too big. i want something a bit smaller. they are cool though.

·
Multi-Species Fanatic
1,814 Posts
We do have them around here, a friend of mine when throwing cast nets for minnows sometimes gets them in a creek behind his house (Swanton Area). He has one in a tank and it has done exceptionally well. I can let him know to save another if your interested. I've been wanting to fish for them there... lol

I do know i was reading in another forum- i beleive the northeast and there was a post by a bass fisherman that he caught two somewhere... i'd do a post over there- im sure someone would remember that post and know who it was and where they were fishing.

good luck

PS I had my tank down but got it up and going yesterday- I have a 65 gal... I wish i would have had it ready friday for the big crappie... oh well at least the fish motivated me!

·
A catfish in human form
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank's guy's I might have to take a drive the Mohican.Sounds like a good reason to head that way :D .Sure is a bueatifut area.Coolwater if you friend get's another I'll one.Thank's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts