close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grass Pickeral

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mr. Catfish, May 1, 2004.

1. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

Does anyone know of a place I could catch these little pike.I posted here because I don't want to travel to far to find these fish.If they can't be found around here than I guess I just won't get any.Thanks for any help.

2. one of my professors is doing a fish survey in metroparks and he said that he gets them pretty consistantly in swan creek. i have no idea about the size though. he surveys with a seine net so i would imagine they are small. the adults probablly can swim away faster than they can catch them. let me know because i was actually looking for a place for them too, i just haven't had time to go out and try. anything is possible, i caught a northern in the ottawa river last summer and i actually hooked a steelhead in the ottawa last week at the golf course. i was fishing for crappie or bass or whatever in the little pond to kill time and had a 1/16 jig. i walked to the creek to see if the white bass were in there yet and see a steelie, he took the jig but as i was about to land him the hook broke on the jig. would have been my first steelie. man was i mad,

3. Mr. Catfish

Thanks mojo, they don't get very big about a foot long.I'm looking for them because I want one for my fish tank.I think it would me pretty cool to be able to observe on for awhile.

4. yeah i know, i want one too. i put the northen in my tank but its getting too big. i want something a bit smaller. they are cool though.

5. Mr. Catfish

What size of tank do you have? I have a 135 gallon and a 55 gallon tank.

6. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

We do have them around here, a friend of mine when throwing cast nets for minnows sometimes gets them in a creek behind his house (Swanton Area). He has one in a tank and it has done exceptionally well. I can let him know to save another if your interested. I've been wanting to fish for them there... lol

I do know i was reading in another forum- i beleive the northeast and there was a post by a bass fisherman that he caught two somewhere... i'd do a post over there- im sure someone would remember that post and know who it was and where they were fishing.

good luck

PS I had my tank down but got it up and going yesterday- I have a 65 gal... I wish i would have had it ready friday for the big crappie... oh well at least the fish motivated me!

7. Mogadore has plenty of them.

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

This might be a drive away from ya, but the Mohican river has a good population of them.

9. Mr. Catfish

Thank's guy's I might have to take a drive the Mohican.Sounds like a good reason to head that way :D .Sure is a bueatifut area.Coolwater if you friend get's another I'll one.Thank's