Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ohio Hawg Hunter
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a week of smallmouth fishing on Grand Traverse Bay in Michigan. The smallmouth fishing up there is UNREAL. Had two days where I caught 50+ fishing in 3-4 hours.

Here is a pic of the biggest of the trip, a 5lb 3oz monster:

I caught quite a few fish in the 2-3 lb range, like this one:

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
That part of Michigan is simply bad-a$$ this time of year.

Cousins used to have a cabin up there (Frankfort)...Man I miss that place.

Beautiful fish!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Really great looking smallies.

Oh, and thanks for being honest with the weight. A lot of us would have posted that as a 7lb fish.

·
Registered
250 Posts
We started going there on vacations every year starting in '67. That is what impressed me so much was the water clarity 30 ft is by no means a stretch. I was interested in the trout back then but I did catch smallmouth but nothing that big, Could see them though. We always went in mid July at the time of the cherry festival-always gorged on cherries. Very impressive fish-thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That fish is not 5 lbs and your holding it wrong and you had to have ate them becuase it looks like you are on the shore. ;)

Great job!

·
Registered
123 Posts
That fish is not 5 lbs and your holding it wrong and you had to have ate them becuase it looks like you are on the shore. ;)

Great job!
or he could have been releasing it from the shore.. either way nice smallies, beautiful coloration

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
SM meat is very dense and grills very nicely like a tuna steak, marinade it, grill it and eat it. There diet is mainly crayfish and their normal habitat is similar to walleye, clear water and rocky structure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts