Grand this morning 10-26

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by archman, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Got a little later start than I hoped on the Grand this morning. Went to a spot that I know produced well on Thursday. When I got there, there were already 5 guys there. I decided to try for a little bit. Missed two takedowns. Saw probably 8-10 fish caught, all on eggs. Unfortunately, I didn't have any on me. I had only planned on fishing a couple hours. Two guys then came and tightlined on each side of me. Decided to do a little walking and found a deep stretch with only one other guy. Ended up hooking two fresh females, both on jig and maggots.

It's good just getting out now when your time is limited. However, I don't think I'll go back to this part until it rains again AND it gets really cold. There were too many guys there for my taste.

2. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

no what you mean by alot of people, the river was packed today, i took out a member and his dad today at the grand, we did okay down river, got all of r on minnows and eggs at the ash. We started at the ash and only hit two there. Next time your out joel, give me a ring and c if im around.

3. Hey Bob, I don't think I have your number anymore.

4. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

5. very nice archman, I am going to try and make it up tomorrow don't know if I am going to the Grand or Conny all depends on the weather and how many towers I have to climb.

6. ok i know this sounds stupid i am from north olmsted and i fish the rocky river but where is this grand could some one give some directions on a good spot to try i keep seeing on here tons of people going out there and getting fish but i have noclue where its at thnx

7. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Sorry blvdbog, you made me do it......:p

[​IMG]

8. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

lol hilarious

9. East of Chagrin, west of Connie :)

10. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

blvdbog

visit or call grand river tackle in painesville and ask for Bruce. he'll hook you up...

Dock