Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Grand today and had a great day ! Not only were the fish very cooperative with many many hook ups but the food at Pickle Bills dock side delivery was awesome ! Spoons and stick baits were on the menu for the steelhead and I had a BLT with fries ! Definitely going bait to serve up some more baits for the steelhead !

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
I think my last meal at Pickle Bill's was the BLT and fries also. Do they still have clambakes on the menu ? I'm sure its too late.

Reactions: FishIgo

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my last meal at Pickle Bill's was the BLT and fries also. Do they still have clambakes on the menu ? I'm sure its too late.
I dont know ! I never seen a menu just called and asked if i could get a BLT and fries and i would pick it up at the back door on the river side ! the guy thought it was funny ! been wanting to order food for awhile the last time i tried they were closed !

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
I dont know ! I never seen a menu just called and asked if i could get a BLT and fries and i would pick it up at the back door on the river side ! the guy thought it was funny ! been wanting to order food for awhile the last time i tried they were closed !
You got my taste buds going.. They still have clambakes but I'm sure not for long.

Reactions: FishIgo

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sweet lost most of my fish today. They ran harder than they have all year. Got mostly 8 pounders today. The ones i got in were hooked so well i couldnt pop the hook out with pliers. Had to pin the fish down and pull hard with pliers. Kept those ones.most of my fish this year have been skinny and looked half starved. Got on nothing but fresh fatties today.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fished the Grand today and had a great day ! Not only were the fish very cooperative with many many hook ups but the food at Pickle Bills dock side delivery was awesome ! Spoons and stick baits were on the menu for the steelhead and I had a BLT with fries ! Definitely going bait to serve up some more baits for the steelhead ! View attachment 458871 View attachment 458872 View attachment 458873 View attachment 458874 View attachment 458875 View attachment 458876 View attachment 458878 View attachment 458879 View attachment 458880 View attachment 458881
I'm heading out right now with the boat and 2 kids to the Grand. Any tips on trolling for them? KO wobblers? Cleos? How fast? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sweet lost most of my fish today. They ran harder than they have all year. Got mostly 8 pounders today. The ones i got in were hooked so well i couldnt pop the hook out with pliers. Had to pin the fish down and pull hard with pliers. Kept those ones.most of my fish this year have been skinny and looked half starved. Got on nothing but fresh fatties today.
I havent seen a skinny steelhead yet this year...they all look like they swallowed footballs theyve been eating so much...and ive caught a boat load of steel this year already...average size is WAY up this year compared to the last few years

1 - 11 of 11 Posts