Grand River Saturday

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Wannabitawerm, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Met up with my buddy and his father-in-law for some trollin' in the river. Long story short, we flatlined chrome/blue FJ5 Rapalas. Landed 2 dozen plus and missed or lost over a dozen. Fantastic day, 2 foot of clarity, 1pm til dark. We were just upstream of the broken RR bridge and the island. Fish were everywhere.

2. is there a place to launch other than fairport? thanks

3. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i was up there sat too what boat were you in ?
    we shore fished once we figured out they wanted and how fast we went 10 for 10 had my girlfriends father with me he has never steelhead fished and he went 3 for 3 with an 6 lb a the big one glad to see someone that is willing to step out of there zone and take advice ............the other guy that was with me got 0 :( because he dident want to advice

4. Wannabitawerm

We launched at a place in the river, there's 2 big riverboats docked there. We were in a blue and silver 19 foot Sylvan. Those fish were in there thick!!

Man, what a blast!

5. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

oh you were at rutherfords that lady is a trip i dont think she comes out this time of year but she can be happy or pissed at you depending on how you launch your boat just wear anything kent state and she will love you she went there and make sure you pay your 5 bucks

its a shame to see the riverboats rotting at the dock there

6. Wannabitawerm

I would love to get ahold of one of those old boats. The one next to the dock would be a great boat to take a couple of buddies out perchin!!:p

Yeah, we paid our $5 so we wouldn't get towed. And yes, she will tow you.