Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silverback
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a good bit of work has been done there. Anybody know what the plan is for the ramp? Was pretty handy for going on the river for steelies.

Thanks,
ApeShip

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
Way before the Eastern Basin was "discovered" to be a walleye hotspot!(say back in the 70's when everyone went West), we started putting in at Mrs. Rutherford's! She was a wonderful person and gave us an honest, current fishing report each time. I assume the place is in different hands by now!

·
Silverback
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The building on the south side of the ramp is gone and the old tour/cruise boats are gone, some construction equipment around.

I would love to see it operational as a ramp again.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I talked with Mary every time I launched. She was giving me free launch because of helping her out, taking care of her, fixing some things, and printing her launch fee envelopes for her at no cost. About 2 years or so, ago she was transferred to an assisted living place. Her relatives did not want to run the ramp. So they were going to sell the property. Could be the new owners tearing everything out. Or the estate finally settled and they are clearing it out to get a better price.

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
Rutherford never owed the property. She had a 99 year lease from a railroad company. I do not know who is in control of the prperty now.
DC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts