close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grand River Muskie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Muskie/Hunter, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Went out to the grand Friday and Cought a 35 incher on mepps Marrabou Pretty excited about that first River muskie never really tried it before but now I will try it a lot more. Does anyone else have any good muskie spots on the river.

2. Congrats!!! Growing up a fishing rivers in NE Ohio, it makes me happy to hear fish like muskies being caught from them.

Barry

PS: Welcome to the site

3. Fish Tale

Fish Tale Sea Food Eater

"Does anyone else have any good muskie spots on the river."

A place called Indian Point.

4. Well thats where I was fishing when I cought it only just down river from that. just before it starts get shallow tords the bridge. in about knee high water. It must be a pretty good spot.

5. Well it looks like we all have the same muskie spot on the Grand :)

I've not caught one there but did get a follow and a swipe a few weeks back. I figure the area by the dam is a decent spot too but I haven't fished there much. I think I remember Wormdrowner mentioning that area. The area around Helen Hazen Wyman park should be ok too when the water level and clarity are right.

I finally bagged a couple of 'skis at West Branch this year after getting skunked last season so hopefully I'll be able to get a river muskie from this part of the state before too long. I've caught them out of rivers in Central and Southern Ohio but none here in the NE yet.

Steve

6. I talked to a guy who caught one last fall on a steelhead spoon. He was near the double bridge, just down from Rutherford's.

I remember an Ohio Fisherman article ,from years ago,that talked about muskie being hooked from the pier.

I've been fishing the lower river for smallies and trout for several years, but I haven't been lucky enough to even see a muskie.