close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grand Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lil' turkey, Aug 14, 2008.

1. My girlfriend and I are going camping down there next weekend. Any descent fishing going on? Looking for gills, crappie, perch, and if nothing else cats. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. if ya gotta boat safety island isnt bad for cats.......the cut out at wendy point can be desent.the spillway in celina is always pretty active.if ya like snakes hang out around any of the channels.good luck

3. Gills were hitting on the west bank 2 weeks ago when I was up there. Other than that, cats will be your best bet. Call the Outdoorsman on the St. Marys side and they can give you a decent report.

4. I do have a boat, and thanks for the info. Are there any bait shops that sell minnows or shad around the state park?

5. The Outdoorsman will have live bait - It's close to the state park and campgrounds. They should have frozen shad too. Don't shy away from nightcrawlers either if going for cats. Shrimp will do you good too. Keep us informed on how you do...

6. Heading down this weekend. Any new reports??

Thanks