Grand Lake St Mary

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Biscuit, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Has anyone fished there lately. Was thinking about taking my 7yr. old there soon, but don't want to drive and hour to get skunked. Would like to get into some bass or crappie. I'm near Defiance if anyone has any suggestions on a good place to take him. Also I have a boat i can take out if that will help me put him on some fish. You can PM me if you have any good places around the area. The last few times I've taken him out the fishing has been very slow and I don't want him to lose interest. It will be C&R on the bass if we can get a few. Thanks in advance, Mike

2. hey the water temp is coming down so should start seeing some better days. As for bass fish wood and rock seem to be the places south side seem to work and if you want blue gills then rock and wax worm anywhere and crappie well hit and miss. Try wood and mabye docks. Good luck!!

3. Thanks for the info, did'nt make it out today. Might wait a couple weeks for cooler weather. Should'nt be long for the crappies to turn on. Please keep me posted on how the lake is doing. Thanks again, Mike