Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day for playing hooky from work. Nothing much happening in the lake. The spillway was a bit crowded, but there still wasn't much happening by way of crappie so I switched over to walleye.

I ended up with three on the day two 23" and one 17". Saw a couple other keepers caught by guys fishing for crappie. Old Red was there...I haven't seen him in a couple years. Glad to see he was healthy and up-and-at'em. Seems like the bite was starting to pick up about the time I had to leave (1pm).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beautiful day for playing hooky from work. Nothing much happening in the lake. The spillway was a bit crowded, but there still wasn't much happening by way of crappie so I switched over to walleye.

I ended up with three on the day two 23" and one 17". Saw a couple other keepers caught by guys fishing for crappie. Old Red was there...I haven't seen him in a couple years. Glad to see he was healthy and up-and-at'em. Seems like the bite was starting to pick up about the time I had to leave (1pm).
Where is the best place to fish walleye from the shore and what do you use?

·
'eye addict
478 Posts
Nice report, WJ. I've fished below the spillway a couple of times over the last 2-3 weeks and had no luck with the walleye. Of course, I normally only fish there for an hour or two at a time. I haven't seen anyone else catch any while I'm there either, except for a couple of guys crappie fishing on the south side saturday that caught a couple of dink walleye and put them in their basket. The were catching some crappies too, but all I could manage was about a dozen bluegill after I switched over to my crappie jig. I did catch a few nice ones, and had fun fishing during the snow showers...;)

·
The Bream Reaper
40 Posts
I fished the spillway on the 9th (Monday). 1.5" black & chart tube tipped with a waxworm. Looking for crappies. Got there at 7:00 pm. Fished till I couldn't see my cork. :D Caught a few small 'gills. Also caught my first ever Walleye of my life! A whopper :B at 6 inches!!! :D Also caught his 2 twin brothers. Saw a good 24+" Walleye pulled out around 7:00 when I got there. I told the guy I'd take it if he didn't want it. :D Bite was slow for me. Still was nice to get out fishing. Feet got pretty darn cold standing on those boulders for 2 hours though.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.