Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin for a place to camp and fish in oct would this be a good option for perch or maybe crappie

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I'd look into Indian lake. Not much further drive from Cincinnati but the fishing is a lot better. Saugeyes, crappies and perch. Plus the state campgrpund is real nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is Kozy camp ground on the southwest corner of grand lake there is good night life there to and of course the state grounds on the north side but the good crappie are on the south side the decline in all activity on grand lake has help the fishing alot in size and numbers. Indian lake is great also its a 70/30 split for mostly because Iam closer to grand but the fishing is no less than Indian!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have the perch recovered. Used to be some good perch fishing about 10-12 years ago then it seemed to go down hill.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
State tried to boost them (Perch) this past year, only a handful of perch caught so far this year and they are still not big enough to spawn so that wont be until next spring at earliest. numbers will rebound but nothing compared to what it once was back in the 80's.

Salmonid

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Night life dont remember much to do up there.

we have always stayed at the state campground what is this kozy place like?
Use to catch good perch on the east side i guess off the rocks. Crappie i caught was in the sailboat club area. please help

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
This is the 1st season in 10+ years of saugeye trolling at Indian and I haven't caught a single perch this season. Usually a few and they're always fat and heathy,but big gooseegg for them this season. Indian perch are top secret and only a few people know where and how to get them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
In October and November the fall crappie bite at St. Marys can be phenomenal. I like to use anything chartreuse twistertails, split tail, and other chartreuse soft plastics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts