close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grade the draft

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Steelers: A-

I love the pick-up of Ben! Better than expected! While CB is a definite need, I was puzzled by trading up in the 2nd for Ricardo Colclough. However, all of the “name” CBs left (Straight & Poole) seemed to fall. I guess that Colclough was on some other team’s board (they must know something that we don’t), and they needed to trade up to take him. RT had to be addressed, and I think that Max Starks can be a Pro Bowler (if he wants it). Many scouts think that he has the potential to be as good as Gallery, and I hope that Grimm can get this guy to play up to his potential!

A few disappointments: I would have liked to see Jake Grove in the 2nd, but while the Steelers need a C, they need CB & RT more. Also, the Bengals took one of my sleepers with the last pick on day one. I really wanted Landon Johnson with the Steeler’s 5th pick! He is a little undersized, but he is in on EVERY play….they called the guy the silent assassin at Purdue. Have to give Marvin credit for picking him, even if he was somewhat of a reach in the third.

If the Steelers can get :Alex Stepanovich & Uyi Osunde on day two, it will be one of their best drafts EVER!

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I am a browns fan..I guess I am satisfied with Winslow.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Same here flathunter. If he's half as good as his dad was, we'll be happy...however, just like his old man, he's cocky whiner. I wanted to jump through the TV and choke him a few times during the Natl Championship 2 years ago against the Bucks. Ironically, I've had that same urge during just about every Browns game I've ever watched, so he'll prolly fit in just fine ;)

4. :eek: Check out ESPN .com. They rated the teams by their draft picks. Cleveland is #1 on the worst draft list. :D :D Got to love it!

5. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Yep, and my beloved Steelers get a "solid" remark from them. Overall, I think Pittsburgh did very well on day 1. :D