GPS Navigation System?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishingredhawk, Dec 17, 2008.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I want to get my girlfriend a GPS for her car. Any suggestions on brands/models? Thanks guys.

2. Rednek

Rednek "The Widow's Son"

I bought my wife a Garmin nüvi 360 3.5-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Text-To-Speech from Amazon for 166.99. I see that they are now 184.99.

The 360 is Bluetooth capable and can be interfaced with your cell phone for hands free operations using the 360's internal microphone and speaker.

Whichever model you purchase I would recommend that you get one that has Text-to-Speech (TTS). TTS models not only tell you to turn left in 500 feet, they will tell you what street to turn left on.

3. Wife and I both have Garmin Streetpilots,they work great;)

4. Wife loves her TomTom. Updates are free off their site.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

6. I have a Garmin 265;) I would just stay away from the off brands.I know someone who bought a "cheap" knockoff, it won't recalculate the route, starts telling you to turn around.

7. Du, if money's a serious factor, try Wallgreens this week. They got one advertised that "lists" for $150 on sale for $79(no mail in rebates to wait years for)!! ACE Hdwe has the same one for same price(after rebate). Just for info.

8. vkutsch

vkutsch You scratched my anchor!

I like my Garmin 350, have had it a year.