Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a garmin gps with the fish finder etc. Now, we dont always have the 10 year old to fully operate it. We do fine with everything but........I really want a chart, hand held with gps coordinates on it because we really stink at trying to read the gps coordinates on this thing. OK yea I am not the highest functioning person on the lake these days but when I hear they are biting at the 38/15 line I want to know exactly where the heck that is. I have been coming to lake erie for 32 years out of my 46 on this planet so I know the lake pretty well around the Islands. But this GPS thing has just frustrated me. Also, before it happens, dont tell me to click on the "above map links" because I end up chasing them and not finding what I want. I wish to BUY a map that has all the reefs, Islands and shoals etc on it just like a regular nautical map. But has the lines so I can figure out the GPS coordinates. Simple, huh. This is 3 nights I have been on line looking for such an animal and I know that there are probably 60 guys, and girls, that could point me in the right direction. So........HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,822 Posts
Look at the fishing hotspot maps....I have a Lake Erie Eastern Basin map and it has the gps coordinates ...I'll try to dig up the Western Basin and see what it has on it...

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
its easy the 38 /15 line is 38 north /15 east west.38 line is 7 miles north out of cleveland . the 15 line is east/west and that # is in the sandbar area of lorain. off hand i would say the east side of the sand bar. 1 number to north /south is 1 mile .and i pretty sure the same holds true for east west.one day ride around and watch you gps and the numbers move as you move .

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
What part of the lake do you normally fish in? Any bait shop or marina will have the "Hot Spot Chart" for sale. they are laminated and show you the areas of reefs and such. Also they have GPS #'s on the back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fishin Hot Spots maps are the way to go. I believe that it takes 4 maps to cover the ohio shoreline from Toledo to Conneaut. Of course you only have to buy the ones for the area you fish. Not all of them have coordinates on them. The ones that do, have a GPS on the front cover. My local Gander Mountain carries them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts