Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after obtaining his fishing license at Meijer at about 1045 pm. We decided to hit a couple simple spots. Last year I had him casting spincast reels, so this year figured he was ready for the spinning reel. Second cast he starts wrestling something, and ends up pulling a saugeye. He had been licensed for 30 minutes and already had his first eye. I then got one and a smallmouth. Was not a very eventful night, but good to get him out and catching something. Ended the night with 3 saugeye and 2 smallies. Just hit the one spot though. All came on swimbaits in very shallow water. Tiny shad were rolling up near the shoreline which I figured brought them in.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Way to go guys hmmm swimbaits at work again!! lol was out as well and ended up with 5 keeper eyes and 2 smallmouths and one big cat on. Only couple smaller ones on the swims though my bait of te night was a red eye shad burned at a good rate of speed with a pause every 10 or 12 feet pause start reeling and pole would almost come out of your hand. Good job things will be picking up really good soon.

·
Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted
944 Posts
The smile says it all!!!! Good job!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I really like the fish shadows on the shirt in the second picture!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts