close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got Newbreed out on Oshay

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishslim, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Well scratch one from the list:D Had a good time this evening with Mitch what a cooker out there!! Went to Oshay and hit couple spots before hitting spot from other day!! We got a few small one on first spots then at honey hole anchored boat and we got into them steady for about a good hour caught a ton of crappies. Mitch was impressive i think he only changed lures couple times but kept coming back to the reliable 1/8th ounce jig with 3" chartruese twister.;) :) Got into a giant tonight about 10 casts into fishing the honeyhole i set the hook and the pole doubled and the line smoke off the reel like a salmon on it's first run:D That sounded pretty good! lol Well after 50-60 yards of line peeled off the reel i finally started bringing the hog in. Now mind you remember this is on Bass Pro mono 6 pound test and medium light Lightning rod i bullied the fish to the boat. Yea right!! After it wore me out it finally came up to boat and Mitch got the net barely around it. The Biggest Flathead i have ever landed!! Laid it out on bottom boat and put my 36" measure stick beside it with tail flipping it was 36-38" long. We estimated weight at 30-35 pounds!! Was i pumped of course get the camera take some pictures only to remember left camera on counter after putting batteries in it!! Bummer!!! But Mitch came thru with a picture phone we took 4 pictures and put it back in the river to wear the next guy out!! It was awesome. Now pressure is on Mitch to see if he can get pictures loaded and put on line. I hope so!! Thanks for going Mitch will try it again sometime!!:)

2. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Hey slim, I'm headed to o'shay this weekend. Feel free to PM me the location of your honey hole! :)

I had a very similar experience with a huge cat on O'shay last year. Longest fight of my fishing life.

3. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Hey Troy,

thanks for the ride last night! awesome time!
    the fishing wasnt what i expected ...as hot as the weather:confused: !
    cheers for putting me on the fish and glad i could help ya land that big flat:B .

i am still trying to get the picture sent from the phone to the comp.
    doesnt always work but i will try until i....git r done!
    when it comes through it will be one to brag about ...this was a hog folks!!

hope to fish with you more in the future.
    Newbreedmitch

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

seems like the scioto is coming alive with flatheads:D
    nice fish for sure.and a helluva battle on that tackle.as many flatheads as i inadvertantly catch at hoover,i've yet to hook anything over 4-5 pounds.one of these days i'm gonna follow through with my threat to actually target them at hoover,LOL.

5. NewbreedFishing

so far i have only gotten one to go thru.
    stay tuned for the money $ shot :p

[​IMG]

now if those were pigstickers feet that cat would look hella small[​IMG]

6. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

still... that is a heck of a fish. nice one.

7. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

That boat is ruined!!!!:D

8. NewbreedFishing

hopefully i earn another good trip with slim for this:p
    nice fish buddy!:B

[​IMG]

9. Nice hawg mr. slim! Now you got every cat guy in central oh studying the background in that photo to see if he can id your h-hole :D.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.i've already printed a copy of the pic and hitched the boat up:D ;)

11. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

I know the GPS coordinates! :D . Slim your making it too easy to identify!!!

Id say after this heat its going to be time to do the old jig flingin. You got that trollin motor workin good, I'll be needin someone to hold it steady so I can hit the !% and show you were there at!!!

Sowbelly

12. Nice fish, that's what I've been looking for all summer there.

13. Just got home WoW That is a pig!! :) First time i got to see them other then on mitch's phone. Thanks for having the picture phone with you i was bumming!! As far as cordinates from picture YOU All SO FAR ARE WAY OFF NOT EVEN CLOSE!!:) 4 P.M.'S so far all thinking they knew the spot Come on guys there is only a few spots on Oshay with wood allover the shore line!!:p Was a great time and as mitch said the crappies were as hot as the tempature!! Acklac great fish as well!! What a blast on light tackle! I agree with you and Misfit. They are busy gourging themselves after spawn and what a better way to do it then roll up on those baitballs and fill there mouths full. Had my boy out last year about this time at Alum down by dam and water was crystal clear we watched 2 giant cats keep coming up and flip there tails thru the baitfish and spin around and start picking up the stunned ones it was wild. Hey Sowbelly i am with you am more then willing to hold the boat steady to see some of those big blacks coming out of hiding!! Let me know when!!

14. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Wow, thats one hella cat! Slim once again you never fail to impress.

15. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

The man knows how to fish... That puts my crappie to shame I got tonight... lol

16. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Wow, somone said you got a nice flathead, I didn't realize it was the same size (or maybe a bit bigger) than mine! Two biggun's taken from the Scioto (on jigs w/light tackle) in two days..I think their hungry!

I thought I had my hands full with a 6'6MH w/8lb test..I can only imagine fighting one with 6lb test and a ML rod! ( As I said, man am I glad I switched over to my MH that night, my ML wouldn't have done squat)

And the best is your description of the initial run! I was on the phone with my buddy earlier (before I read your post) and I told him "man that thing hit, then bolted straight out into the depths, I haven't had anything run like that since fishing for King's in Michigan! :D..Flatheads have some muscle!

17. WOW, That is in the hole. Lookin forward to catchin that big fella. He sure knows where to hang out to get a good meal anyhow. Next time, hide that big log behind you, somebody will find THE SPOT ! Take care, oh yea, nicccceeee feeesh. Steve would love that one, could eat for a week !!!:D
    Mike

18. Hey Mick i hear you and Dale are going to hunt down my hole Friday!!;) Good luck and only one rule if you catch my pet Flatty put her back so i can play with her again!!:) Crappies should be there still and waiting weather pattern is not supposed to change unless a big boomer dumpd a few inches up river!! Maybe i will see you out there!!

19. Hey Mick did you guys get to Oshay to chase the Crappies friday? Is my flattie safe? Think bite slowed river up was some and front was stronger then thought.

20. NewbreedFishing

hey troy.

i went by the river 2x yesterday and it still looks prime.
    i dont think we got as much rain as they did up north