close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got my first flathead

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mojo, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Well i put my kayak in the maumee at farnsworth this afternoon. mostly just paddling around but was trolling the whole time and made some casts. was out for almost 3 hours with a big fat skunk (it was pretty muddy for bass and i never bothered to try for cats). i get back to the ramp and grab my ultralight just to make a cast around the dock with a jig. something blackish brown zips out and takes it. i thought for sure it was a bullhead but when i pull it out i see its a 15 inch flathead..my first one ever. i was hoping my first would at least be over 10 lbs but i'll take what i can get. another species tacked on the belt for me. i think the guy cruising by thought it a little odd i was taking pictures of a tiny little cat.....lol

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Awesome job Joe- of all people, you know I would appreciate someone adding a species!!! I been working that life list quest quite a few years now! Once again, Nice job!

PS you're up a Striped Bass and Flattie on me now- Argh! :D

3. catking

catking Banned

I bet it was still a thrill ;) .That's the best part about fishing rivers and streams, you just never know what you'll pull in..... THE CATKING !!!

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats on your first flathead.

5. I am always thrilled whenever I add a new species to my list. Congratulations.

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

:D
    Congrats on your first Flattie! They are one pretty Cat are they not.

<><Baitkiller><>

7. Congrats on your first flat :)

8. Good Job! I have yet to grab one of them.