close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got my buck

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by JohnBoat, Nov 14, 2004.

1. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Hunted some private land in Athens county fri night and all day sat. At 936 a nice "8 point" walked by and offered me a 15 yard quartering away shot. Shot entered behind the rib cage and took out a lung. The deer ran 70 yards before toppling over, however as I walked up on it I noticed HALF THE RACK WAS MISSING...darn. O well, he was a nice size deer and my first with a bow so I'm still really happy it, good luck everyone

2. Its Always Exciting To Get Your First Bow Kill..i Know I Was..i Jumped For Joy..great Job...congratulations.........

3. Exact same thing happened to me on my first bow kill and I didn't even recognize it when he was walking.Rut is on here in gallia county where I was hunting this weekend. I seen two bucks two different days running does through the woods but no shots for me , oh well someday I'll get another one. Congratulations on your first deer,I know I was excited after hunting three years for my first one. :D

4. Congrats and way to go. You really fooled him to be in that close. It must have felt great.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats on your first bow kill, it dont get any better than that.