close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got me a cell phone today any scams or any pointers i need to know.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ok got me and the wife a cell phone today is there anything i need to know that i may want to change on my plan i have 15 days to change my mind on anything.

Now i have to figure this thing out how to change ring tone, put # into memory etc.

I went with verizon because everyone in family has it. I just got 2 regular phones no picture stuff or txt msg stuff. 500 min in family plan america's choice.

Man now the wife will be able to find me on the boat.

2. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

just remember to leave it on the kitchen counter when you go fishing!!!!!

:D hehe

sowbelly :D

3. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

look at your bill when it comes. They were charging me usage between cell to cell with verizon customers when I had the "IN" network thing. Then on top of that they were charging me 10 bucks a month to be IN. All straightened out now and it was the radio shack where I got it at's fault. Oh, after it is too late to change anything, you will find that they changed their plans around and there is a better one than you have now. Alway seems to be that way. and your wife/girlfriend will call everytime it is raining or you've just made the perfect cast or you're crapping on a tree, never fails.

bill

4. Yep, tell her you don't want to take the chance of dropping the phone in the water and leave it at home ;)

i've been with Verison for years. Good service in Ohio (at least in SW, Central and NE Ohio). If most of the people you talk with are also on Verison, your minutes will go a long way.

Steve

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Jerry I also have verizon, never had a problem. If you do contact them and they will take care of it. As for service plan, I have the america plan and use it in Canada, all over Ohio, even worked at Presque this past weekend. we'll see if it works in Tenn. in a few weeks :D

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Sounds good man i have been messing with this thing for a while tonight think got it figured out got a cpl # in it and stored. changed ring tone, found the day planner. Good since your verizon won't cost me to call ya to see were all the fish are LOL.

7. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

As long as you go the opposite way of Dale you'll be in good shape :D

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'd ask Catking...he's a PRO with phones ;)

9. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Now that is funny Shake!!! Hello, can you hear me now?? :D

10. One thing you need to do,only turn the phone off while fishing.Might make wifey a little mad though :eek: :confused:

11. No Truck, bad advice. Turning it off don't work because they get madder then hades.
    You definitely need to "forget" the phone at home. Cell phones are certainly convenient but you will certainly regret the fact that your wife can easily reach you. Unless of course, you're one of those rare guys who like their wife. But cell phones are also good in that its not nearly as embarrassing to have my wife call my cell phone when I'm at the bar but when I "forgot" my cell at home once and she just called the bar phone asking the waitress for me.....thats a little embarrassing. Any time I go out for a few drinks she seems to think that being gone 4 hours is a little too long. Oh well, women just don't understand how long it takes to play darts and pool I guess.

12. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

From the beginning when she calls the first time do the bad reception then hang up on her. Call her back with an I'm sorry...stupid phone..what did ya need? Now you have imprinted on her brain that you may get disconected from time to time so when you are tired talking you can hang up in the middle and wait for her to call back. This is deceptive but whe will soon learn to call with more important things and at more appropriate times if there is any. Or you could just calmly expain to her that although you love her and enjoy talking to her that sometimes she is interupting your fishing and would rather her call for emergencies and urgent reasons. Option two will make you selfish and not understanding to her needs...... your call!

my opinion

bill

13. They had a story on one of the T.V.News here(Cleveland) about cell phones exploding and burning up.
    Something about the batteries.
    The story was on Sunday night I think.
    You may want to use that as an excuse instead of forgeting it on the table.

14. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Man, you guys have all given good reasons to give the woman. fortuantely for me, I get little or no reception where I fish the most! :D Then she can't get mad cuz I left it or whatever. then again, I am not married yet, so if she calls wondering, I can just hang up and it does not matter what she thinks or says! :D :eek:

15. Ken

Ken KLN

I have had verizon for years. I have been to key west fl and out to Wy. and haven't had any problems. Very good company.

16. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

LOL you guys are killing me. I already told her if i don't answer when fishing i will call her back because i have a fish on or the boats going down. She said i understand no problem. LOL until it happens