close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got ME A Black Powder Gun!!!

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by PoleSnatcher, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Traditions Tracker 209 50 cal.

Gonna go try for a deer on Monday morning!!!

2. i really hope you plan on shooting it all weekend...takes a few shots you get to know your rifle

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I have the same gun. You will love it! I do have a 3x9 scope on mine also.I've shot deer at 150 yards + and got a clean kill with the first shot. 100 grams of powder (Pellets) and a 240 grain bullet.You'll grow to love it. I'll be out Monday with mine also.

4. I'm planing on shooting Sunday

forgot to mention it is a black stock with nickle barrel

5. your going to love that nickle barrel i have the same barrel on my 50 cal (also traditions) and it sure makes them easy to keep looking good

6. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

tried many loads with my .50, but ended up with 130 gr. loose pyrodex, with a 240 grain buffalo bullet co. "ball-et" maxi ball - sabots seemed to be a pain in the a** getting them down the barrel, and I have been hearing reports that they will eventually leave a plastic residue in the barrel- also tried the new "power belt" bullets, but repeatability/ accuracy wasn't near as good as with the ball-ets, plus the ball-ets are cheap !!!! ten bucks for fifty at PJ's arms and archery in New Phila , Ohio- will cut 2" groups @75 yds in a cva 50 mag inline- FYI, 'Rude Dog

7. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

I have the Traditions Buckhunter .50 cal with the 209 conversion, I love it! 295 gr powerbelt and 90 grains pyrodex powder..good luck