close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

got it going on

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peon, Sep 13, 2005.

1. peon

peon account delete

got this ice fishing craze going on... got some jigs poured and in painting process..got blue glo in the dark powder on its way... cant wait... anyone else been making any ice tackle...???

2. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

went down to my bench today to paint some jigs so while i was down there i did inventory.. still have a ton of jigs but will probally do some more up this year. dont understand why i need 300 ice jigs, but it makes the time pass and gives me something to do while waiting on the ice. found a banana jig on the bench that i must have painted after a few beers last year. it was a white jig, with green, orange and red poka-dots, kinda look like something you would see at the circus.

sowbelly

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

yes i'm ready!!

Bring on the ice. Can't wait. Only thing left to get is my vexlar.

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Yep , I waited 12 long years for my Vex . :( But im ready now . Cant wait , maybe Dale and I can actually get out and do some fishin together ! :(

5. peon

peon account delete

lol.. my g/f just asked me a few min. ago... why do you need so many of them jigs lol... i just need to find a mold to make some teardrops and ant jigs... i just dont see how these small companys like jammin jigs makes them if there isn't a mold to make them???

6. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

You have to get creative Peon . :D I used to buy blank molds and make my own . Its alot easier if you have access to a milling machine , if not , im sure your mind can come up with something . :D

7. peon

peon account delete

dont know what a milling machine is lol so i dont guess i know where one is to use.... iv thought about these blank molds... how else can it be done???

8. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Glad to see Dale is excited about ice fishing.....haha....your spoiled from Presque Isle Dale....

flash--------------------------------out

9. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

its possible we could be on the ice in 14 short weeks. :)

good luck with your jig making guys.... im sure that must be fun to catch a fish on a lure you made yourself.

10. peon

peon account delete

hardwater.... the best part is when you get on the ice and everyone is running to you wanting your jigs :D

11. peon

peon account delete

pics of my ice jigs i make.. just need to get more colors.. iv got blue glo powder on its way
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. peon

peon account delete

a shop i get them at sells them for 7.49 plus tax for 100 of em... and i just used my first pack of hooks up... iv found em on the net for 5 bucks or so but after shipping its probally about 7.50 and i use my father-in-laws led ...

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Did someone mention the word ICE :mad:

14. BuckeyeTom

BuckeyeTom Muskie and Catfish

Here it is...coming to the end of my catfish tourneys...fall muskie fishing started with a BANG last weekend...and now your gonna get me itching for the ice,lol. To tell you the truth... I'm ready ;) !!!!!!!!!

Guy's I'm not getting paid to advertise(although it would be nice to remember your brother-in-law when we are on the ice and he needs some ice jigs,lol), but Travis/Peon's ice jigs worked better than expected last ice season. I remember fishing a store bought jig on one pole and his on the other and it was catching double the gills. I finally switched both of them, and the only problem was I could'nt take them off quick enough to use two poles. I have a pic somewhere here, I'll try and find it!

I have to admit, ice angling has really grown on me in the past few years. It's always fun being down here in southern Ohio, while you are ice-fishing there is an audience sitting in a nearby parking lot/pull off just waiting to watch you fall through,lol. We are on the southern edge for safe ice fishing and when it is here you better enjoy it.

15. BuckeyeTom

We filled almost a full 5 gallon bucket with bluegill in about three hours.

Attached Files:

16. flathunter

Hey Tom, empty your pm folders they are full and wont let you recieve any.

17. BuckeyeTom

think about the cold! ;)

Attached Files:

18. BuckeyeTom

19. flathunter