Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my hole on the rock today.
As I was driving down I seen big crowds on most of the runs figureing I was wasting my time, well I got to my spot and nobody was there! (YESS)
Started off throwing a jig and hooked up imeditailly.
Ended up throwing flys most the day (Green sucker spawn) and had 11 hook ups. Only got a couple to shore, but it still was great fun.
My buddy ended up only hooking into 1 on jigs so the flys must have been the ticket.
Overall it was a success, water was getting a bit low, and the river was the clearest I have ever seen it.
Heres a quick pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Got one today, finally landed a hawg over 30", little tricky today. Steelies kind of picky what they want when they're on the gravel beds. I went with something different thought they were tired of seeing the same fly patterns. Used a hot glue ant I tied for trout, two casts and wham thought I had a snag when it started swimming up stream on a tear.

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got one today, finally landed a hawg over 30", little tricky today. Steelies kind of picky what they want when they're on the gravel beds. I went with something different thought they were tired of seeing the same fly patterns. Used a hot glue ant I tied for trout, two casts and wham thought I had a snag when it started swimming up stream on a tear.
I did terrible in shallow beds.
I caught all my fish on a deep seem.
Glad you guys got some!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hit 7 for 11 on minnows in slower water and had a few guys come close when I pulled some out in front of them. Surprisingly I had no problems getting the spot both days for some time by myself and on the second day, hit one on the first cast.

Had another guy come up close to me and also catch one on a minnow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts