close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got dead bass?

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Nipididdee, Dec 31, 2007.

1. New years resolution #1:
    reduce mortality

http://www.dobass.com/live/together.html

All previous dobass anglers should be getting their "final casts and future catches" newsletter today or Wednesday. If we missed you feel free to email FBFP2008@aol.com and provide your address for snail mail.

nip

2. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Hey nip, nice job. Whats your thoughts on the "oxygenator" a fairly new product you can install in your livewell that is supposed to add pure oxygen to the livewell by taking the water molecule and seperating the hydrogen from the oxygen leaving pure oxygen in the livewell and hydrogen going off as a gas. From what i understand with this system you cannot ad any salt type additives to the livewell with the oxygenator because it can somehow convert it to chlorine. But at the end of the day you can put the additive in your weigh bag before weigh in. Its a pretty pricy thing at 150 bucks. Anyone you know have this system?

3. Thanks much Marshall- adding 02 safely is ideal.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the aqua innovations product (there is also another "oxygenator" via compressed 02 used in a areator head).

Transporting/using tank 02 to me is asking for an explosion. Its hard to get flight times correct, little lone no smoking at weighin! :)

We use the portable versions (oxygenators in masse) for our holding tanks with surelife brand treatments without adverse effects. I also had the oxygenator in past boats rigged into the livewell as you discussed, and worked great with same treatments.

A cheaper alternative is rigging a venturi areator system. I had that as well, and LOVED IT. Venturi is standard in Ranger wells.

I use the portables in my current boat and without question makes the difference. Wouldn't recommend them solo though, as some of our lado folks attempt. The nano bubbles can become impeading to gill air flow if not used with some kinda water circulation.

You do gotta clean them after every use when using the surelife treatments as it is corrosive to the system. I am not aware of the chlorine transformations you spoke of.

I also had a bare spot in a portables' wire that shorted on a lid screw while in use. Created a very potentially dangerous wire burn near a full tank of gas- fishn4five almost ended up in the top of an oak tree.

Overall, a big thumbs up to the oxygentor- thumbs down to tanked air- and possibly best system is venturi.

nip
    http://www.dobass.com/live/together.html

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I wouldn't want to transport pure oxygen in the boat either. I luckilly have the venturi system and will stick with that. I applaud all your efforts to keep those little creatures healthy.