Got another newbie started-Portage River Cats Carp Sheeps-2 Fish Ohios

Discussion in 'Angler's Legacy Program' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Sep 15, 2008.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

My buddy who has only fished a few times in his life and I headed down to the river just for some chits and giggles not planning on catching much... Anyways go down there rigged up 3 poles with worms and it wasn't ten seconds after I got the third pole rigged we had a small bit so I got him in a small sheephead.
    [​IMG]
    After this I decided he needed one he set the hook got into another small sheep...
    [​IMG]
    Finally a little better bite-I hit this one diff. species- nice lil brown bullhead
    [​IMG]
    The after missing one or two got another bullhead-a little bigger
    [​IMG]
    Thought Payson neded another let him take this one-he missed wuite a few but for one if his first times pretty darn good!
    [​IMG]
    Even got him to hold this next channel-AJ wouldn't even do that ;)
    [​IMG]
    Then I got a great run my line was going sideways... I new it was a good fish. Set the hook-got this monster carp! 28in. F.O.
    [​IMG]
    Then pay gets another shot at one after missing a few a nice bllhead-may qualify for F.O.
    [​IMG]
    Then I got an even BIGGER :big: bullhead! This is deff. Fish Ohio! A great Night!
    [​IMG]
    So with a least 2 fish ohio's getting a lot of fish and not expecting it made it an awesome evening! I didn't take pix of all of the fish but a very fun night!

2. nice whats the size on F.O. bullheads?

3. They don't count bullheads in the Fish Ohio program . Only Channels and Flatheads.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Yep, figured that out after I posted this :D