Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got a question/need some help

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by fishintiger, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Ok I have an old Scott Atwater motor. I can't find a replacement for the gas on/off control. I have tried the Scottguy and I have even checked lawn mower repair shops but they no longer make the piece that I need that accepts threaded tubing. All they offer is one that accepts rubber tubing. My question is (since I have a limited income and can not afford a newer more current motor) would I be able to run the rubber tubing inside the motor housing or should I set it up on an external fuel tank? I'm just worried that the heat from the motor might melt the tubing and leave me sitting in the middle of a lake with my trolling motor and paddle. Thanks for your help guys.
  2. ShakeDown

    ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

    does your o/b have a built in tank I assume? Air cooled?

  3. It does have a built in tank. It is water cooled though.
  4. Lewis


    You can use fuel line hose available at any auto parts store,not rubber tubing.
    This should be able to withstand any heat under the cowling as long as it does not come in direct contact with the exhaust manifold.
  5. what size i have parts for it maybe.
  6. Here's the piece that I am looking for. I believe the small part is 1/4 inch going into the carb. and the other part is 1/2 inch. I'm not too good with a tape measure but that is what I think they measure out to. Does that sound right to you guys?


    Sorry about it being blurry. Let me know if you can't quite make it out and I will try to get another picture.