close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

got a problem with my computer???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishingful, May 27, 2004.

1. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

my home puter has a problem after we moved we hooked it back up and the screen dosent turn on ........the tower turns on and the lites in the key board work but when you push the button on the screen it the little light goes from green to orange.................i had this problem before and it was the nuts on the tower that were loose i checked that and hooked up everything a few times made sure it is all tight and the wife held the thing on her lap when we moved and their was nothing wrong with it before we moved ..........any ideas????????..........thanks......jim :confused:

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

It's possible you video card became unseated from the slot. Only way to really tell, is to crack the case open.

Or, your monitor might be hosed.

3. Bent or broken pin possibly?

4. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

i have to agree with shakedown its a common problem for the video card to come loose, happenerd to me on a brand new puter the card came loose during shipping, not to worry its an easy fix turn everything off and unplug it than take the case off pop the card out and reseat it just be careful not to bend any pins, before you put the case on turn everything back on and see if it works if not its possible your card took a crap and if thats the case its a great time to upgrade the card.......... :cool: