close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

got a new boat!!

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by jeffmo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

the bank and my wife both finally decided that i deserved a boat.went up north on tuesday and picked it up.it's a 1997 17' monark pro,deep v with a walk through windshield.it's got a 125hp merc on the back along with a 6hp johnson kicker.
    gotta do several little things like moving some safety equipment from my old boat and give the carpet a cleaning then hopefully one day this coming week i'll be able to put her on the water.can't wait!!!!!

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

congrats on the new boat . :D I hope it brings you some great fishing trips for years to come . :)

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Boy Jeff glad to see you got it after all. Now when you get off duty, get in it and get out and fish,Believe me it really does work to releave the stress :p
    P.S. Glad to see you found us here on OGF.

4. catking

catking Banned

Congrats on the new boat !! And I echo Dale- nice to see you found us here at O.G.F. !! THE CATKING !!! :)

5. jeffmo

thanks guys,as soon as i can get some pics to post i'll put them up.

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Jeff:
    you had it out yet? Bet your excited as all get out. Be sure and let us know how it does.

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Getting a new ride is always a happy time! Make sure you post some picks in the gallery soon! Congrats.

8. Now you have something to spend money on, and on, and on........ ;) enjoy and catch some big ones. :)

9. jeffmo

dale,i haven't had a chance to get it out yet and that bums me out.i kind of went through it the other day just trying check out the batteries to make sure they were okay,putting the top on,checking out the live wells and bait wells and anything else that i have zero experience with.i'm gonna try to get it out to deercreek this next week to run it and just learn everything about it and how it handles while running.then i'd like to see if the crappie are hitting yet.one thing's for sure though,i will definately have some perch this fall to eat while watching the ohio state games.

10. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

1) The day you buy it

2) The day you sell it. LOL

Congrats. I know the feeling of getting a new boat and not being able to take her out. From my first 14 footer up to my new 19 footer, I have been just as excited every time. There is something about being out on the water that just gets my blood flowing. Maybe the feeling of freedom, of being away from the troubles of life or just the fact that you are now an island somewhere. Great feeling.

Sounds like that boat will do just about anything you want it to do. Congrats on the purchase. Now that the initial pain is over, you can start dreaming about how to spend even more money on upgrades. You know that you'll need, a GPS, a VHF, an AM/FM/CD, a VHS/TV combo, a MK trolling motor, etc. ALL the acronym accessories! LOL

Have a blast and good job. One more boat owner among us.

UFM82