close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got 24 Lbs at Bottonwood today

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by roger23, Jul 15, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

could not catch a fish

2. Holy cow! What was all that stuff hung up on?

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

heavy metal!!!!! yeah!!!!/ maumee river

4. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

WOW!!! I don't even know what else to say.

5. That's a lot of lead. Every fall when they let the water down at Berlin Reservoir, we end up with a bucketfull of stuff.

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

looks like a lot of work to get the lead out? i would not want to go barefoot there!

7. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

That is just unbelievable. I bet there is at least that much below O'Shaugnessy and Griggs in Columbus.

8. ...dont drink the water...you'll go crazy from lead poisoning. thats just a rediculous amount of lead from the bottom of a river

9. ...and here I thought this was going to be a post about a flathead catfish.

Great work!
    Not only are you getting lead out of the river, but you are probably helping to reduce the amount of snags for next year's walleye run.

10. jfan

jfan

Hey, can I have my jig back? It's the chartreuse one.

11. this is what I got back in June the river is a lot lower now this was only 9 Lbs[​IMG]

12. That is quite impressive Roger!! I wonder what was biting on the golf balls?:D:p

So how are you finding all of this? It seems that it would make a great cleanup activity for this time of the year. If you could put a group of guys to the task who knows how much may be recovered. I assume you plan to melt the lead back down for jigs? If not I am sure there are guys here that would.;)

13. starcraft

starcraft Sponser MHS

Thanks for getting those snaggs out. Let me get some of those 3/4 u guys been finding need them for next spring.:D Its funny to see what some guys are using lol. Some of those grubs look like 5in.

14. Those golf balls are mine. I've got a slight slice in my drives. :D

15. Kinda looks like a new type of pasta and fruit salad from Olive Garden.
    z

16. I want in on that action! Now, that's a ton of jigs!