Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my friend, and his new to him boat up to Erie to help him learn how to run dipsies. We launched from Gordon Park at 630, and had every intention to go directly to 60’, well that was not to be the case. We were greeted by a north wind and some roller waves as we headed into the lake. So I told him we’d set up in 44’ and just head north to see how it went. We were actually marking good fish when we started trolling,but only had a couple dinks to show for it. The lake stayed relatively rough for his 18’ but we finally made it to 58’ and we finally started getting Our fish. We used stinger scorpion size, bite me,blueberry muffin, chicken wing, and Badmo spoons,master blaster, dragon slayer, and purple haze none out produced another with all catching fish 0/65,1/80-85,3/100-110. My friend ended up with his first FO 28.5 7.3lbs. The rest of the fish ended up being 17-20”. Our best direction ended up being with wind today which by the time we got to 58’ seemed westerly, and it pushed Us
Fish
more over towards wildwood so I’d say the majority of our catching was north of wild wood. Good luck out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts