close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Goose Recipes

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by TheKing, Sep 2, 2004.

1. The Canadian goose is achievable these days. I am thinking of harvesting one for the table. What are the best recipes? Are these birds tasty or not?

2. Yes they are good, but do not over cook them! My buddy and I usually throw together a marinade, soaking the breasts anywhere from a couple of days to an hour or less. Cook on the grill until it reaches a temp of 145 or so in the center- rare to medium rare. Fire should be hot to sear both sides, or sear in a lightly greased skillet prior to grilling.

Goose can have a strong taste, do a little experimentation with various marinades, throw in whatever you like. We usually soak the meat in water in the fridge for several days to age a bit, helps out on flavor and tenderness.

If you like your red meat well done, cook in crock pot with plenty of liquid. I think the meat is very similar to beef, but with more flavor.

Let me know what your favorite way of cooking beef is and I will get you a recipe to try.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

They make awesome jerky!!

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

heck yeah they do! I like it better than venison

5. I'll third that notion! My buddy makes the best jerky I've had out of goose.

6. This is a good marinade for ducks geese and venison.2 lbs of meat,2 teas of ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 med. onion 2Tbl sugar 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/2 cup water combine ingredents and marinate overnight. It's the best I've found

7. Longbow, et al,
    You make me want to clean my grandpas autoload Remington 12 gauge. Dang that sounds tasty. OK I'm hooked. Boooooooooooooooooooooom!

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

We grind up the breasts and make smokie sticks out of them. I've had people eat 8-10 of them in a row, then ask what they were made out of. I tell them it's goose meat, and they laugh, and say "yeah, right" and keep eating them.

A good buddy of mine calls geese flying carp.

9. Grind up like grnd beef add pork fat re-grind... mix with onions, green peppers and mushrooms fry like burgers... NUMMY

10. hey steve... I know this is an old post but do you have the recipe for the smokie sticks? I have a bunch of goose breasts in the freezer to use up..

11. I'll fourth that! First time I had it couldn't believe it was goose. One of if not my favorite now.